Current Teachers (Holding a State License to Teach)

Based on the NASDTEC Interstate Contract, if you are an educator already holding a license to teach, you may easily transfer your credentials to work in another NASDTEC partner state once you move and establish residence there. Forty-four states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico have currently signed the Interstate Contract for teacher certification. Some states automatically accept graduates of NCATE accredited institutions. Some states also honor regional exchange agreements. Additional conditions vary; you will need to check with your jurisdiction. You may also visit for more information.

States that have signed the NASDTEC Interstate contract for Teacher Certification: